Well, I wasn't quite ready to come out of hibernation yet. Really, I wasn't. But here I am.
Life has been good, but hectic at Playboy. Besides working on the Playboy Radio Morning Show (tm), I was annointed "in house talent coach" and ran radio classes for most of our hosts. I'm VERY proud of Jillian and Pilar who have come a long way in a very short time. I didn't know what to expect when working with Playmates. (Ok, I expected some things.) I mean, I wasn't sure what kind of work ethic they'd have. These two ladies impressed the hell out of me. They showed up at 6:30 AM every day to take hours of hosting training which, honestly, would seem a bit silly to a non-radio person. Exercises in listening, show opens, wraps, interviews, positioning, resetting, frontsells, backsells, etc. They took right to it and were transformed before my very eyes.
The Morning Show. My baby. Kevin and Cort. Hilarious. Wait until you hear what these guys sound like. The past month has been spent creating segments, imaging the show, booking guests, eating Denny's and generally laughing my ass off.
After a few delays (not of our doing), we're gearing up to launch on Tuesday, March 14. If you're a Sirius subscriber, make sure you call or log on to Sirius to "opt in" to Playboy Radio on channel 198. If you're not a Sirius subscriber... well... you suck. Please tune in to hear why the hell I've been absent so long.
Now. Why am I back, if I'm not READY to be back? Two words: "Annie". I was tagged with her dirty meme. Typically, I ignore it when I'm tagged. Hey, it's just easier that way. But Annie (pictured) didn't just tag me, she DARED me.
As requested, here are the answers to Annie's meme tag:
Four Jobs I've Had In My Life in LA:
* Producer for Playboy Radio and Sirius Satellite (present)
* Actor / Comic / Show host / Voice-over type of guy (present)
* Intranet and Database developer for government applications (present)
* Stalker of the Sertich Sisters (present)
Four Movies About LA I Could Watch Over And Over:
Four Places I've Lived All Over L.A. (With Food Memories From Each):
* Wilshire / Miracle Mile Area (La Salsa, mmm...)
* Marina Del Rey (El Pollo Loco EVERY day)
* On the 405 (Is that a gummy bear wedged in my seat? Yum!)
* Parked in front of Annie's house with binoculaurs (Pringles. Ding Dongs. Coffee.)
Four LA-Themed Shows I Love(d) To Watch:
* Arrested Development
* Curb Your Enthusiasm
* LA Law
* What's Happening. (Ok, that wasn't LA. But damn that show was funny, Raj!)
Four Places I Would Vacation At In LA:
* New York City
Four LA-Based Websites I Visit Daily:
* Blogging.la (occasionally)
* LA.foodblogging.com (when hungry)
* Insert your blog here
Four Of My Favorite Foods Found In LA:
* Double-Double with Cheese from In-And-Out Burger (duh)
* Empanadas from Trader Joe's
* El Pollo Loco Combo Number 1 with Black Beans and Salad
* Pad Sie Ew from Pattaya Thai Restaurant in Los Feliz
Four Places In LA I Would Rather Be Right Now:
* Runyon Canyon
* Santa Monica Beach
* Downtown Disney (it totally counts)
* Dodger Stadium
Elbow and bite me, Sertich.